By Angela Pingel
You'll detect an advent to curved piecing through one uncomplicated block--Drunkard's course. writer Angela Pingel demonstrates how this unmarried block will be prepare in a variety of styles that glance completely diversified in each mixture. Drunkard's course can create a sinuous awesome line like its namesake or curved motifs that shape teardrops, arabesques, plants, and different discrete shapes.
Dive deep into the fundamentals of curved piecing after which discover a number of tasks together with good sized quilts, child quilts, pillows, and a desk runner. locate inspiring new how one can use that outdated favourite, Drunkard's direction block, to create quilts that glance new and diverse. A Quilter's Mixology is the proper "next-step" publication geared in the direction of intermediate quilters or quilters searching for the following problem.
Read Online or Download A Quilter's Mixology: 16 Projects Using the Drunkard’s Path Block PDF
Similar crafts books
The most recent installment in our renowned layout Collective sequence gains over 25 hat tasks from modern designers around the world, every one hand-selected for his or her freshly sewn aptitude and expert millinery paintings. women and gentlemen, boys and girls…what will you tip from the pinnacle of your head?
Paper flora are regularly in Season
Make playful celebration undefined, luscious bouquets, and complicated floral centerpieces with reasonably cheap tissue and crepe paper. Paper to Petal walks you thru the simple fundamentals of remodeling basic fabrics right into a bright exhibit of fanciful hand-crafted blooms compatible for each get together.
Design specialists Rebecca Thuss and Patrick Farrell encourage you to get inventive with their time-tested strategies. customise each petal, leaf or stem to move dramatic or gentle; mimic nature or model your blossoms in any colour you could think to make anything uniquely own. You’ll be surprised how effortless it truly is to provide those lovely flower initiatives. those beautiful blooms by no means wilt, are constantly popular, and are perpetually enjoyable to create, proportion, and provides to every body you like.
No matter if you must make a duvet, reupholster a chair seat, or repair a hem, stitching is without doubt one of the so much crucial and invaluable abilities you could grasp. but when you've by no means even grew to become on a stitching computer sooner than, studying to stitch can look like a frightening activity. now not anymore! aimed at absolutely the newbie, Idiot's Guides®: stitching teaches the fundamentals of stitching in a chain of classes utilizing full-color, step by step illustrated directions that permit the reader to obviously see how each approach is done, from threading a stitching computing device to making a buttonhole and interpreting a development.
A thrilling new identify from the major duvet writer, cover Me! celebrates Jane Brockets liberated, joyous, vibrant method of quilting utilizing really good materials and straightforward shapes and styles to create attractive results. Taking inspirational materials as its start line, the e-book explores not just the designs to be had in cotton, made-for-the-market quilt/patchwork materials, but in addition strikes right into a new realm of different materials that may be used to make attractive, functional, usable quilts.
- Granny Square Flowers: 50 Botanical Crochet Motifs and 15 Original Projects
- ?????? (?????????)
- Wood Pallet Workshop: 20 DIY Projects that Turn Forgotten Wood into Stylish Home Furnishings
- Making Designer Bead and Wire Jewelry: Techniques for Unique Designs and Handmade Findings
- Crocheted Sea Creatures: A Collection of Marine Mates to Make
Extra info for A Quilter's Mixology: 16 Projects Using the Drunkard’s Path Block
You can use any kind of bean for filling, but if there is any chance of the starfish getting wet, it’s best to opt for synthetic pellets. 5 oz. 5 oz. (14 g) lavender wool • two 1-gallon plastic bags • soap • spray bottle • warm water • towel • bubble wrap • marker • funnel • lentils or other dry beans • pattern on page 125 starFisH 1. Trace the pattern on a piece of plastic bag. Cut the pattern out. Prepare your workspace for wet felting and read the techniques for wet felting on page 14. 2. Cover the pattern with several long, thin layers of purple and lavender wool.
9. lift up and needle the edges of the roving and shape into an arc. 10. Needle all over the surface to make it smooth. 8 9 10 11 12 13 11. Needle a wisp of white wool into a dot as you are attaching it to the red wool. 12. Cover the red roof with white dots. you can add them randomly or in a pattern. 13. When you are satisfied with the design, fold the right sides of the mushroom roof together and needle down the seam. 14. Turn the mushroom roof inside out and needle the surface to form a cone shape.
23. Needle a wisp of black wool into a circle on each side of the dog’s face for eyes and another wisp on the front of the dog’s face for a nose. 22 24. 5 cm) piece of black wool in half and needle into a tail. attach the tail to the body. indd 52 12/20/09 1:54:48 PM 12/20/09 1:58:15 PM Text (RAY) Job:12-16286 Title:CPI-LS 0616 Wool Toys & Friends #175 P DTP:216 Page:52 2 25. Place the needle-felted bird inside the tree. 26. Place the needle-felted dog inside the doghouse. 27. Place the needle-felted butterfly in the flower.
- Download Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: Choose & Use by Angela Walters PDF
- Download The Virtue of Faith and Other Essays in Philosophical by Robert Merrihew Adams PDF